Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Poem

I need to get away right now.
I need to be happy,
at least content, somehow.
I want to be happy,
I want to be able to be me.
Not just that person that everyone sees.
I need to be home.
Not just my house.
but a home.
I want to find a place of peace and calm.
I want a place like the inside of God's palm.
somewhere other than here.
where I won't cry,
or even fear.
I want that person
to tell me it's okay.
not just anyone.
but that person that understands every word I say.
I wish it would be the way it used to.
life was a breeze.
I could go on with ease.
but I know, that's not how it's meant to be.
we all face struggles.
and we all fall to our knees.
the important thing is to keep looking up,
even when you're all out of luck.
because when you're looking down,
there's not to look at, but the ground.
when they say the sky is the limit,
don't take it to the horizon.
take it past.
and let all the happy moments last.


No comments:

Post a Comment